According to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, "Polling data show that Mr. Obama's approval rating is dropping and is below where George W. Bush was in an analogous period in 2001."
Ooo. Ouch. Did that sting a little, Mr. President. Here's another.
"There is also a clear sense in the polling that taxes will increase for all Americans"
"Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative."
Okay let's just make a bulleted list of these.
- 83% say they are worried that the steps Mr. Obama is taking to fix the economy may not work and the economy will get worse.
- 82% say they are worried about the amount of money being added to the deficit.
- 78% are worried about inflation growing
- 69% say they are worried about the increasing role of the government in the U.S. economy
- 45% say they do not have confidence in the President, a number that has been growing since the inauguration less than two months ago
I'm saying he's doing worse.
And the numbers agree.