Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's Okay, Obama, I Wouldn't Want Jeremiah Wright to Pray at My House Either

When I first heard that Obama was not going to hold any public event for the National Day of Prayer, I was, to say the least, taken aback. Then I started thinking. Who would be invited to an Obama prayer meeting? The guest list I came up with in the 15 seconds I thought about it includes:
  • Rev. Jeremiah Wright
  • Rev. Jessie Jackson
  • Rev. Al Sharpton
  • Louis Farrakhan
  • Dr. Joseph Lowery
And looking over that guest list, I wouldn't want them to come to my house either. And for all you liberals out there, it's not because these men are black, but because they represent, perhaps with the exception of Dr. Joseph Lowery, some of the most outspokenly racist and America-hating individuals around today.

I only hold Dr. Lowery aside because I don't know much more about him other than this blatantly racist speech he gave at Barack Obama's inauguration.


"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."
I can agree. I don't think any race should be held back or held above the others for any reason. But maybe I'm one of the few whites who has embraced what is right. Switch the races around in this "prayer" and it sounds incredibly racist. "When blacks embrace what's right and the white man can get ahead man." If you can flip it around and it sounds racist then it's also racist in the original form.

But no prayer from Obama? C'mon! Even Jesus prayed, and he was the original Messiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment