It seems Obama falls into the latter group.
- Almost 1 of every 3 paragraphs had some reference to the Bush administration
- 5 specific mentions of George w. Bush
- 5 uses of the phrase "the last eight years"
- 3 references to events 7 years ago
- 1 specific mention of the "previous administration"
Unfortunately, faced with an uncertain threat, our government made a series of hasty decisions. And I believe that those decisions were motivated by a sincere desire to protect the American people. But I also believe that - too often - our government made decisions based upon fear rather than foresight, and all too often trimmed facts and evidence to fit ideological predispositions. Instead of strategically applying our power and our principles, we too often set those principles aside as luxuries that we could no longer afford. And in this season of fear, too many of us - Democrats and Republicans; politicians, journalists and citizens - fell silent.He went on to say
I understand that it is no secret that there is a tendency in Washington to spend our time pointing fingers at one another.But don't worry Obama's above all of that.
So precisely what group is focused on the past because Obama should be the keynote speaker at their next meeting.