Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Week in Review - May 24 - 29, 2009

After the week we had, I'm afraid I have good news and bad news. Do you want the good news first?

Good News :)
The Korean Peninsula is not a nuclear wasteland! Hey, in the Age of Obama we have to count our blessings no matter how oddly non-assuring they feel.

Bad News :(

Two words: Sonia. Sotomayor. - It appears the high court will more than likely have an overt racist on the bench before the year is out. Go ahead and start your office pools on when the first news breaks of a lawyer chuckling when he or she is forced to refer to Sotomayor as "Your Honor."

Top 5 Posts of the Week!
1. Sonia Sotomayor- Female? Check. Hispanic? Check. Empathetic? Check. Understands Checks and Balances? Meh.
2. Korea Claims Successful Nuke Test. What Could Go Wrong?
3. Sotomayor Defends the "Good Parts Version" of the Constitution
4. Sotomayor: I'm the Best Pick Because I'm a Racist Latina
5. 4 Shocking Things Obama Wants You to Pay For

This week's poll asked:
How will the United Nations respond to North Korea's Memorial Day nuke and missile tests?
52% believe they will draft a strong resolution then do nothing.
35% believe they will debate what to do, then do nothing
11% believe they will ignore the event completely
Not surprisingly 0% expect to see a multinational force mobilized to disarm N. Korea.

Unfortunately for 11% of you the UN has already started talking about what to do, so the "ignore it" approach did not happen. Now they haven't actually done anything and the "Dear Leader" has continued to to defy international rules by firing missiles into the air all week. The UN is discussing sanctions. Yeah. That should work.

This week I reached the 900 followers mark on Twitter! Please tell you friends, as I have set the goal of 1,000 followers by the July 4th Tea Party!

I'm also trying to focus more attention on the RSS feed, so if you are having any problems with it, please don't hesitate to leave a comment on this post, send me a tweet or an email and let me know so I can improve it! And if you haven't subscribed, what are you waiting for?!

I love reading your comments, so keep them coming. And if you have any tips, suggestions, or just want to tell me off, send me a tweet or you can always email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment