Monday, June 15, 2009

5 Things Obama Didn't Know (But Should've) - Number 5

5. What he would do with Gitmo prisoners
One time my wife and I obtained a new sofa because our old sofa had gotten to the point where it was becomming unsafe for the creatures which had taken up residence in it over the years. We hauled the new sofa up to our second story apartment, brought it in the door, moved it into the living room and discovered that we now had two sofas in our tiny living room.

Being a model of forward-thinking I decided to just call a local charity to come take the sofa. Two days later the guys from the charity arrived, looked at the sofa and said, "We can't take that." Yes, the poor didn't want So I had to figure out what to do with the thing on my own.

The same thing happened to Barack Obama just two days into his presidency, only instead of sofas, it was dangerous international terrorists. On January 22, 2009 President Obama signed the executive order that would call for the close of the Guantanamo Bay detention center. After signing the order, he turned to Greg Craig and asked, "Is there a separate executive order for how we will dispose of the detainees?... We will be setting up a process."



Crap. Now what do I do with this ratty old sofa? I know. I'll ship it to someone else. Maybe Germany wants it? No? Maybe France would... No? Hmmm. I bet Palau will it if we tack on $200 million!


This is the first part of a five-post series. Be sure to check back each day this week as I count down the 5 Things Obama Didn't Know (But Should've)

1 comment:

  1. Foresight and logic don't appear to be strong points for Barry and his gang.
    It's like they just decided to run for office on a whim, got in, and now everything they do is just kind of spontaneous, in a terrifying sort of way. It's like being trapped on an airliner with a pilot that has about 15 hours in-flight experience. And we're flying to France.

    ReplyDelete