Friday, June 26, 2009

America Mourns It's Most Prominant Pedophile; Iran, Economy, Still in Tail-spin

Many of you out there find the next comment a damnable offense, but here it goes: I've never owned a Michael Jackson album nor have I ever had the desire to purchase one.

Whew. That feels better.

I was 2 years old when Thriller came out. I was 7 when Bad was released. Therefore Michael Jackson was less a musician in my mind and more of a joke to late-night comics. When I was old enough to appreciate his music, I didn't. I was never really that impressed.

So the wall-to-wall coverage of his death seemed a little baffling to me considering that I associated him more with little boys than I did with music.

Did we forget people are fighting for liberty in Iran?

Did we stuff our ears with our iPods to relive the '80's via Thriller while the House passed Cap-and-Trade by a 7 vote margin?

Have we as a nation become so enamored by the bread and circuses that we're not even paying attention to what the Caesars, both foreign and domestic, are doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment