Monday, July 20, 2009

Ideas for Obama's Resignation Letter Courtesy of the Government of the United Kingdom

The UK Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, who placed Michael Savage on a terrorist watch list, resigned with a statement that included this:
"When I became home secretary I'd never run a major organization. I hope I did a good job but if I did it was more by luck than by any kind of development of skills. I think we should have been better trained. I think there should have been more induction."
With a few tweaks it would serve nicely as Barack Obama's resignation letter to the American people. Here are a few lines that he could add, just in case he needs some ideas.

"I mean, who honestly takes that 'protect and defend the constitution' thing seriously anyway?"

"In addition to training, I should have been required to show some proof of my birth place. C'mon!"

"I picked Joe Biden as my VP. I thought that would get me out of this gig instantly."

"I have reason to believe Hillary has been making my coffee for the me last few days which has brought me unimaginable stress."

"I had intended to quit during the campaign, but when I told Michelle, she threw a car at my head."

"After a few days on the job I realized I was in over my head. If you haven't noticed, I've been trying to get fired since February."

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog... i also have one at
    http://american revelution.blogspot.com
    Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete