Friday, July 31, 2009

My Jury Duty Experience Offers a Foreboding Glimpse of the Future of Health Care

This morning I shot off a tweet that said, "Off to jury duty with Mark Levin's book in-hand. Think they'll pick me?"

Well, I didn't get picked, but it wasn't because of my book or my Git-R-Done shirt. They had us all sit in the room for an hour, then the judge came in. (Nobody had told us anything for an hour.) The judge explained what a jury was, and some people seemed genuinely surprised.

Then they gave us a break. Yes, a break. From sitting.

Then after the break they came in a said that all 75 cases set for the morning had been worked out and let all 130 people go after sitting in a room for 2 hours.

In the City of Dallas, efficiency is the order of the day.

I couldn't help but think, "Just think, in a few years the government could be running my health care system. If this is any indication of how it will be managed, no thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment