Tuesday, August 4, 2009

US Soldier Demands Apology from Senator Claire McCaskill for Supporting Health Bill

I've been making a post that is a round-up of the townhall meetings taking place around the country showing the overwhelming lack of support for ObamaCare. This guy, however deserves his own post!



I love how he takes his own duty to defend the Constitution and applies it to the Senator. Compare the oath that he took with the oath that the Senator took and you will see that he's not off-base in using this equivalency.

Congressional Oath of Office
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."


Military Oath of Command (for Officers, but the oath for enlisted men is similar)
"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."


Of course the question that is ultimately being debated with the health care discussion is whether or not the federal government has the authority to control the health care system under either ObamaCare or, the ultimate goal, a "single-payer health care system" (read "socialized medicine.")

I think the federal government has a whole lot more to apologize for in addition for ever considering this health care bill, but the odds those power-hungry elites will ever apologize for anything is basically nil.

Obama wouldn't even apologize for saying a police officer "acted stupidly" when the president admitted he wasn't familiar with the case. Trust me. Apology is not on the menu.

Unless it's an apology to foreign dictators.

No comments:

Post a Comment